Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've always, always loved Valentine's Day.  Despite the fact that I've spent WAY more V-Day's single than coupled, and despite the fact that my first major relationship ended very close to Valentine's Day, I've always looked at it as a beautiful opportunity to celebrate the loves in my life.  My family, my friends, and on about 5 (I think) occasions, a romance.  I'd write cards to my friends, give chocolate, make cookies - it's probably my second favorite holiday after Thanksgiving.  Food and Gratitude, Chocolate and Love.  How could it possibly get any better than that?

The answer to that question - yoga!


My neighborhood yoga studio in Astoria, The Giving Tree Yoga Studio, is offering a fantastic Partner Yoga and Massage Workshop this Saturday night from 5:30-7:30.  It doesn't have to be a romantic partner - grab your best friend for a super fun, beginner-friendly, delicious experience that's sure to leave you both glowing.  Marc and I did it two years ago and we're so excited to be able to attend this year!

To sign up for this workshop and to check out all of the other great events The Giving Tree has going on this month, click here.  Even if you're not an Astorian, it's well worth the short trip on the N train.  Again, it's this Saturday night, Feb 16th, at 5:30pm.

Whatever your plans, I hope you enjoy this day as an opportunity to appreciate the love you have for your friends, family, the world around you, and most importantly - you!  Happy Valentine's Day, Internets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection of a blog (and a hip)

One year ago today - on a much cloudier, much colder, and quite frankly very hungover morning - I went out to run.  My goal was either 4 mil...