Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Completely Freaked Out and Shameless Plea for Help, Prayers, & Encouragement

This entry was going to be all lovely and contemplative - talking about New Year's and the upcoming marathon and the whole journey and how today is really the first day it's going to be sinking in just how close it is.

However, I just had to cut my last training run - not to mention my first run in a week because of this insane weather - short after 2.5 miles because my right hamstring just tightened up and started killing me.  It had felt a little tight the last couple of days - maybe from spinning on Monday, maybe from teaching 12 classes in the last 3 days, who knows - but I figured I'd just run it out and it would warm up and work itself out.

Instead, it got worse.  A lot worse.  I would stop, walk, stretch...try running a little bit more.  Stop, walk stretch - statically, dynamically, every which way - and the pain worsened if anything.  I couldn't run one mile without stopping.

I bombarded my loving husband with my tears and complete freaked-outness just as he was waking up and he's been a lovely and strong supporter - telling me it's still all mental and that I did the right thing and to take care of it.

I really want to go back out asap and finish the damn run.  I felt like I really needed this run to set my mental state straight.  Now all I can think of is how if I feel this way on Sunday morning, there's no way in hell I can run 26.2 miles.

I was feeling prepared and ready, despite feeling resentful of the weather keeping me from running.  Now...oy.  I don't want to give too much energy to how I feel.

Advice? Thoughts?  Prayers?  I need it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection of a blog (and a hip)

One year ago today - on a much cloudier, much colder, and quite frankly very hungover morning - I went out to run.  My goal was either 4 mil...