Monday, December 4, 2017

December Mantra

Happy December, the month where New Yorkers attempt to fit 50 pounds of fun and parties into a 10 pound bag!  There are certainly far worse things in life, but I come out of every December usually feeling absolutely wrecked - partied out, overstuffed, drained, and exhausted.  My birthday is the 13th, Marc's is the 15th (our sweet nephew Kai turned 2 on the 2nd!), and Christmas parties and plays abound.

To get through the year with a modicum of peace and energy, I'm making it my goal to infuse the mantra slow down into this month as much as I can.  Especially, for my hardcore hippies out there, with Mercury being in retrograde starting yesterday and up until December 22nd, "slow down" is exceptionally good advice.

So at work, at home, making plans, or even at that party where you're reflexively and thoughtlessly reaching for the chips for the 500th time (or is that just me?), try to remind yourself to slow down.  Enjoy what you're doing.  Pause and breathe in what you're doing.  There's lots of joy and celebrations and madness, but there should also be peace this season.  Find it and infuse it wherever you can - even if only in your own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection of a blog (and a hip)

One year ago today - on a much cloudier, much colder, and quite frankly very hungover morning - I went out to run.  My goal was either 4 mil...