Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rub your hands...Sit up tall...Take a deep breath...

Om...

The Karma Kids "Om Song" seemed an appropriate way to begin another "long lost blog" entry ;)

So even though it's been over a month since I quit my old job - it still seems like just yesterday - the big news is still my transition out of "day job" security and into the joy and occasional terror of being semi freelance.

The "semi" part of that is due to my new position as a teacher / part time desk person at Karma Kids Yoga!  It's a wonderful kids yoga studio that also provides classes to tons of New York schools, community centers, and even private family yoga in the home.  I started my teacher training very shortly after my last blog entry, and it was amazing. Working with kids is a completely new venture for me and it's been really fun and challenging so far.  I'm excited for everything it holds for me.

So now I have a whole almost-month until my next training - in November, the week before Thanksgiving, I take Lotus Palm's Thai Yoga Massage Level 2 Intensive.  I'm so very ready.  I'm reaching out to everyone I can for my last pure Thai 1 massages before I learn all kinds of new wonderful tricks of the trade and can start reaching out to people all over again to offer a "new and improved" massage.

To that end, today I have two massages lined up - one being with a friend who has also been my most steady and loyal Thai Yoga Massage client, bless his heart.  The other is with Alison Renee Foster, an incredibly talented actress, singer, dancer, and now - fitness guru!  Her awesome blog, Foster Fitness, is inspiring, informative, and funny.  It's really worth a read, especially if you're a reality tv junkie like Alison.  Even if you're not - it's worth the time.

I haven't seen Alison since we were both in Sarasota working at Florida Studio Theatre two years ago - which feels like a lifetime.  It'll be wonderful to catch up and to share with her my little corner of the fitness/yoga world.

Even though it's been over a month since I've been starting this independent venture, it's still taking time to get used to things, to find order in a somewhat more chaotic schedule, and to pinch myself and realize that it's actually happening.  The dust is slowly beginning to settle, but I'm not sure if it ever completely will!  And I think that's fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection of a blog (and a hip)

One year ago today - on a much cloudier, much colder, and quite frankly very hungover morning - I went out to run.  My goal was either 4 mil...