Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Solstice!

I had the absolutely phenomenal experience of practicing yoga with bazillions (okay, thousands) of fellow yogis in Times Square yesterday.  They offered three classes, and I chose the evening one after a lovely day of work at Karma Kids.  I couldn't have asked for a better companion - my best friend in the world, Lisa!  We were among the very first to file in (numbers 49 and 50, to be exact) because I was absolutely determined that we were going to be able to get that free mat!  What a bummer it would have been to wait all day and then not be able to participate because I didn't feel like hauling my own mat around all day.

Anyway, I digress.  The class was led by Douglass Stewart of ISHTA and YogaWorks, two studios I thoroughly enjoy.  It was lovely, the weather was perfect, the onlookers were fun, and Times Square was its usual insane self.  It's probably the first time I appreciated it instead of letting it drive me insane in a very long time!

 I'm having an insanely hard time uploading photos on my blog today, which is sad considering that's a majority of what today's post was going to be.  Luckily, you can view the album here on Picasa.

It was an extraordinary experience that I plan on repeating next year!

1 comment:

  1. And also funny that I should have posted Jeremy's blog last night but instead spent 12 hours cursing at the computer for not allowing the photos to show up! Stupid blog photos!

    ReplyDelete

Resurrection of a blog (and a hip)

One year ago today - on a much cloudier, much colder, and quite frankly very hungover morning - I went out to run.  My goal was either 4 mil...