Monday, March 4, 2013

Good night, moon...

This week's blog entry comes at an unusual time for me.  I'm not the kind of person who ever used to stay up late and pull all nighters.  If I had extra work to do in college, I made sure I woke up early to do it or did it in advance.  Once the sun goes down, part of my brain (or discipline, or both) just shuts down and doesn't come back until the morning, when I'm naturally at my most energized.

So needless to say, this isn't going to be a terribly intellectual or insightful entry!  Tonight I'm sharing with you possibly my all-time favorite online yoga video.  I discovered it four years ago in Sarasota and hadn't practiced with it in a very long time.  In keeping with my resolution to seek refuge from wedding madness in more yoga and to reconnect with my practice, I reconnected with good old Jason Crandell of YogaJournal.

This is a 25 minute practice that's entirely dedicated to helping you wind down before bed.  Seriously, what could be more comforting and yummy than that?

Time this week will be an especially precious and rare commodity for me - dentist appointments, hair appointments, early morning work hours, dance lessons, workout classes, beloved brother-in-law (future, anyway!) coming in from England this weekend - it's all happening!

So enough from me - it's my bedtime.  Get ready for your bedtime with this absolutely soothing, glorious, gentle practice.  Enjoy!

Click here for the perfect gentle evening yoga sequence, and have a beautiful night!  Namaste and sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection of a blog (and a hip)

One year ago today - on a much cloudier, much colder, and quite frankly very hungover morning - I went out to run.  My goal was either 4 mil...