Thursday, January 31, 2013

To Do: Relax

I'm having one of those days where on the calendar, at first glance, it seems as though I have plenty of glorious empty space of free time.  Once I write down the to-do list and the day actually arrives, however, it seems like somebody sped up the clock to go triple-time.

I do have a few juicy blog posts in me that I could write about - I have a lot to say lately about fear, about self-study and facing the parts of ourselves that we're a) not so proud of and b) apt to ignore, and lots to say about the idea of resistance - resisting things that we not only know to be good for us (eating an orange instead of chocolate) but things that we know to be good for us and that we actually enjoy (doing some gentle before bed yoga instead of sacking out in front of the TV instead).  What is it that's resisting?  These are big ol' questions that take a lot more time to mull, pontificate, and articulate then I have to give to it today.  So instead of attempting to squeeze it in and do a half assed job, I'm going to let it rest and wait for another day.

For today, I'm once again going to pass the blogging torch to someone else.  This wedding planning stuff is no joke - the blog sometimes, sadly, must take a back seat.

This blog from YogaJournal.com took the words right out of my mouth.  Except for the "make baby food" part, I completely relate.

One Deep Breath by Erica Rodefer Winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection of a blog (and a hip)

One year ago today - on a much cloudier, much colder, and quite frankly very hungover morning - I went out to run.  My goal was either 4 mil...